Reports show kissing can be good for your health
Whether single or not, we all have to face the big February holiday coming up next week. Oh, Valentine’s Day. My boyfriend and I recently broke up so I am determined to make this Valentine’s Day as painless as possible. For all my single ladies (and gents!) out there, Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be miserable. My roomies and I are dressing up, going out for dinner and ice cream. I’m going to love the people in my life who really matter, that’s the whole point right?
So I originally had the idea for this post a few weeks ago when I was still infatuated with my ex-boyfriend but I think readers still might enjoy it so shout out too all the single’s in the crowd and congrats to all the couples! Whatever your status is, enjoy your Valentine’s Day and learn and little from this post for current or upcoming relationships. Never hurts to be prepared, right?
After extensive research by an accredited university, kissing has been proven to be the most beneficial thing we can do for our health. Jokes. I totally made that up but did you know that kissing has some serious health benefits? In honor of Valentine’s Day, I have created the 10 Reasons Why You Should Keep Kissing List. ☺
1. Kissing is FUN. Come on, who doesn’t love a good make-out session?
2. Swapping saliva has been shown to improve immunity. About 30% of the bacteria in your mouth is unique to you so when you kiss, you and your partner are helping each other develop immune blockers to new bacteria.
3. Want to look like you’re 30 when you’re 50? Better get kissing. A good French kiss uses muscles that often go unused. Keep those muscles strong to keep looking younger longer.
4. A Japanese study showed that 30 minutes of kissing decreased histamine production. Histamine is released in allergic reactions so less histamine=less allergies.
5. Smooching is a stress-reliever. Kissing increases levels oxytocin, the body’s calming chemical. Who needs comfort food when you can pucker up?
6. Kissing makes you feel connected. If you are trying to increase your connection, kissing may help.
7. Your dentist will thank you. Okay, so many he/she won’t actually thank you but kissing is good for your teeth. The extra saliva in your mouth helps to neutralize the acids in your mouth. The acids in your mouth lead to tooth decay so less acid means stronger teeth.
8. One (hyphenated) word: Self-Esteem. What better way to boost your self-confidence than by lip locking with that hottie from math class?
9. Kissing burns calories. On average kissing burns 2 calories per minute. 2 calories per minute for 30 minutes=60 calories just for making out? I’ll take it.
10. Kissing is good for your heart. Not only does kissing increase your adrenaline, which makes your heart pump faster, kissing makes you all warm and fuzzy inside!
As your Valentine’s Day present to yourself, go smooch your boyfriend/girlfriend, dream crush or whoever looks tempting! After all, it’s good for you ☺
Image Source: We Heart It