Get Bright Lips to Make a Summertime Statement
This summer, our favorite lip trend has to be bright colors! Below, we’ve listed our personal recommendations for lip products that we love and will wear all summer. In addition, all of these products are easily available at your local drugstore so they won’t break the bank!
1) CoverGirl LipPerfection Lipcolor in Fairytale. CoverGirl’s new line of lipsticks is truly impressive. Not only do they have a variety of colors, but they also pack a lot of punch with their pigmentation and lasting power. This shade is a bright coral that goes beautifully with a golden/bronze eye look. The best part is that this literally lasts hours. Even if it feels like it’s rubbed off your lips, you’re still left with a long-lasting stain.
2) Revlon SuperLustrous Lip Gloss in Coral Reef. Wear this gloss on top of a nude lipstick as a touch of color or on top of a coral lipstick for even more brightness. Every gloss from Revlon’s Super Lustrous line is great so these are a definite must-have!
1) Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Peachy Scene. This lipstick is perfect for warming up the skin, especially with a tan. The pink and golden undertones make it easy for everyone to wear and also has great lasting power. Pair with a bronze eye look, peach blush, and highlighter and you’re good to go!
2) Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in More Mimosa. Wear this on top of Maybelline Peachy Scene lipstick because it has gorgeous flecks of gold in it that also make it beautiful when worn on its own.
Hot Pink Lips
1) Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Lollipop and Raspberry Pie. When wearing minimal makeup, these are great go-to colors for a pop of color on the lips. The Revlon Lip Butters are our absolute favorites this summer – they have tons of colors and a creamy texture that feels great on the lips. Lollipop is more of a purple hot pink whereas Raspberry Pie looks just like it sounds. What’s great about the Lip Butters is that they can be sheered out for a hint of color or packed on for a lot of pigmentation and boldness on the lips.
2) New York Color City Proof Lip Gloss in Perpetually Hot Pink. The amazing color payoff and yummy scent makes this a favorite hot pink lipgloss for summer. It won’t last as long on its own but pairing it on top of a lipstick extends its lasting power. And for only ~$3, you can’t go wrong!
Candy Pink Lips
1) Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake and Sweet Tart. Strawberry Shortcake has a slight pastel undertone that looks great with bronzed up skin and Sweet Tart is perfect for a really feminine look – think light shimmery eyeshadow and pink cheeks. Once again, the formulation of these just can’t be beat. They’re moisturizing and so easy to apply = perfection!